Tuesday, April 30, 2013

The Great Gatsby, Greatest Book of All Time

I read The Great Gatsby a few weeks ago but still the story was always an afterthought in my mind. I think I finally figured out how to summarize the story into only one sentence. The story is basically Tom and Daisy's love story through the eyes of Daisy's  cousin and Gatsby's neighbor and  Gatsby, Myrtle and George are all collateral damage to their love story. I mean think about it carefully.
When I first began to read the book I fell in love with Gatsby and  Nick instantly. The story is just magnificent and I can't wait until the movie. I love basically all the cast. The book is amazing and if you're planning on watching the movie read the book first.
I loved Daisy and Gatsby's love story it was just amazing and I was shipping them so much until the middle of the book when her true gold digging, shallow, self-absorbed colors were revealed. What also really annoyed me about her was how she stringed Jay along for so long and he reinvented himself for her and made all of his life decisions thinking of ways to earn her approval and she just. Oh well I just hate her and some people argue and say that she was just thinking about her future and Gatsby wasn't fast enough at coming back to her. Is she kidding me?
Also another character I hate is Tom. Tom. Tom. Tom. That little selfish jealous son of a gun. Not only did he know that Gatsby was innocent when he went and told George that Gatsby had not only an affair with his wife but also killed her. When Myrtle was his mistress and that his self-centered wife was the one who killed her. Tom just annoyed me from the very beginning because of him having a mistress which I find very wrong and also because he wanted to ruin Gatsby's life.
I just wrote a freaking essay on The Great Gatsby so if you read this and you didn't read sorry. And with that I conclude this post I hope you read the book/ agree with my opinions on the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment