Wednesday, May 1, 2013

The Host and Beautiful Creatures

So, basically I read both the books and watched both the movies. I was so disappointed by the stories. Let's start with first talking about The Host then finishing it off with Beautiful Creatures.

I read The Host and it was quite a slow story a bit too long it could've been shortened in the beginning however I didn't stop reading the book I carried on reading even though I began to get discouraged and annoyed. It took me a long time to finish it, about a week or so. The movie seemed better though. It had Saiorse Ronan and that was all it took to get me excited about it. I love all Saiorse's movies and this story seemed to have the potential of being a good movie. When I watched I was so disappointed I wanted to cry from how bad it was. Another thing is the difference between the movie and the book. Some characters were completely missed out and important scenes were completely demolished.

I read Beautiful Creatures not long ago and the story was amazingly perfect. Then I watched the movie. I just couldn't take it no longer one of the most important characters was merged into another important character. Most of the story was changed for example the main characters birthday is changed. The main character breaks windows in a scene in the book and she's the only person who gets hurt but in the movie lots of people get hurt except her. She writes on the walls in sharpie but in the movie she makes it appear on the walls magically and no one can see it unless she shows them. In the books when the main character and her boyfriend kiss the guy has small heart attacks and electric shocks but in the movie there's no reaction. A character is an Incubus in the book but in the movie the person is a wizard. Bad characters are supposed to have gold eyes and good characters are supposed to have green in the book but of course in the movie nothing happens and the bad characters only have gold eyes when they want to. The characters look different. The order of the story is changed. Only the women of the family are claimed to the light or dark but in the movie it's only the females.

And with that I conclude this post by saying movie versions of books are usually worse than the book so read the book people then look at my blog to decide whether or not to watch the movie. This is my opinion on these two books and movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment